2. Data We Collect
The data we collect is used only to improve the quality of the HourStack Website and the Service, to communicate information about the Service, for research, and to contact you about your account when necessary. We do not share this data with other companies or organizations for commercial purposes and it will not be sold.
2.1 Data You Provide
When you sign up to the Service we collect the following pieces of personal data:
- Your email address, so we can contact you
- Your full name, so we can identify you
- A password, which is encrypted and not visible to us
- A photo or avatar, which also helps idenfify you
- Your telephone number, so we can contact you
After initially signing up to the Service you are optionally able to provide other information to us, for example your company billing address and company VAT number. We use a third-party intermediary to process credit cards and we do not store credit card information.
2.2 Data From Using the Service or Website
When you use the Service or Website we automatically store certain pieces of information, again to help improve the quality of the Service and to help us assist you with using the Service. We may collect the folllowing pieces of data:
- Your IP address
- Your general location
- Publically available social media accounts based on your email address
- What website you came from before you visited ours
- Basic information on your browser, computer and/or device
The information described above is stored in the form of a "cookie" or similar file. Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive, not on the Service or Website.
2.4 Third Party Cookies
These third party services we use may include:
- Google Analytics - Analytics platform - https://www.google.com/analytics
- Google Adwords - Advertising tracking - https://adwords.google.com
- Google Captcha - Human verification - https://www.google.com/recaptcha
- Capterra - Software recommendation service - https://www.capterra.com
- Intercom - Live chat - https://www.intercom.com
3. How We Use Your Data
We use the data that is collected to improve the Service and to better assist you when you are using the Service. Specifically, the data collected helps with the following:
- Creating your account
- Billing for your account
- Providing customer support
- Understanding your needs and interests
We may occasionally send out promotional newsletter emails which inform you about new features or changes to the Service. We may also send out notification emails with important information about your account. You can opt-out of these promotional newsletters and email notifications at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
4. Security and Storage
The HourStack Website and Service has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your information.
These steps include:
- Using Secure Socket Layer Technology (SSL) to encrypt all data that is transmitted using the Website and the Service, the same technology used by banks. All attempts to use the Website or connect to the Service outside of this secure HTTPS protocol are redirected.
- Investing heavily in technology that ensures the reliability of the Website and Service by providing protection against DDoS attacks and active monitoring for uptime.
- Utilizing a global network of 151+ data centers for intelligent routing of traffic based on geometric location which eliminates latency, minimizes requests to servers, and provides fast access for users across the globe.
- Providing a world-class firewall which filters and blocks bad traffic, bots, crawlers and malicious attacks.
- Making regular backups of customer data using multiple backup systems. Our backups are retained securely for one week, after which they are destroyed.
- Ensuring access to customer data from employees of HourStack is strictly controlled.
5. Ownership and Transfer of Data
6. Updating Your Data
If you would like access to your data or would like us to delete the data you provided to us, you can email us at [email protected] and we will respond to your request within 30 days. We retain your data for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide the Service to you, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes.
8. Contacting Us
This policy was last updated May 24 2018.